Halloween is a time of good seasonal fun. Candy, costumes and spending time with friends is always cause for celebration. Listed below are some fun, easy-to-make drinks, rated by sweetness and fall festiveness factors. Impress your friends with these spooky cocktails and have some Halloween fun!
Drinker beware! These alcoholic drinks are not kid-friendly.
Fall Festiveness: 10
This spooky punch gives any Halloween party some extra festivity. The fangs floating in the blood red liquid adds just the right touch to get your spooky party started right.
Recipe courtesy of A Taste of Home
- 2 bottles (32 oz. each) cranberry juice, chilled
- 1 c. lemon juice
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 bottle (33.8 oz.) blood orange Italian soda, chilled
- Ice cubes
- Wax candy fangs
- In a large punch bowl, combine the cranberry juice, lemon juice and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Just before serving, add the soda, ice and candy fangs.
Hard Cider Pumpkin Float
Fall Festiveness: 6
With only two ingredients, this drink is the easiest to make. The gelato or ice cream adds some sweetness to the beer, which I personally find bitter without it. I think it’s an excellent combination and a great way to dress up a beer.
Recipe courtesy of Dine and Dish
- 12 oz. of your favorite pumpkin flavored ale
- 1-2 scoops of your favorite pumpkin gelato/ice cream
- Pour ale into a chilled pint glass. Add 1-2 scoops gelato/ ice cream. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Fall Festiveness: 10
No Halloween celebration would be complete without a Harry Potter-inspired drink and this one is a classic. This recipe only yields two drinks, but can easily be increased for larger parties. This is one of my all time favorite drinks- it warms you from the inside out, smells amazing and makes you feel like celebrating.
Recipe courtesy of Feast of Starlight
- 1 c. / 12 oz. ale, reduced to half
- ½ c. / 4 oz. heavy cream
- ¾ c. / 6 oz. cream soda
- ¼ c. / 2 oz. butterscotch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Combine the ale, half of the cream, soda, butterscotch, vanilla extract, and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally to prevent the sugar from burning on the bottom.
- Bring the mixture just up to a simmer. Meanwhile, whip the rest of the cream to soft peaks.
- To serve, pour the butterbeer in mugs and top with lightly whipped cream.
Poison Apple Cocktail
Fall Festiveness: 8
The prettiest drink on the list, this one uses edible glitter for an eye catching effect. The glitter can settle quickly, so have some stirrers available to keep the drink swirling.
Recipe courtesy of delish.com
- 1/3 c. apple cider
- 1/3 c. cranberry juice
- 2 oz. Fireball
- 1 oz. grenadine
- 1/4 tsp. edible gold glitter
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker, then fill shaker with ice. Shake until contents are mixed and shaker is cold, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into glass and serve.
Black Magic Jello Shots
Fall Festiveness: 9
This drink features two types of Jell-O, dyed different colors to give it layers, creating a bewitching bitesize shot. This recipe serves about 24, making it a regular crowd pleaser.
Recipe courtesy of Delish.com
- 2 packages purple Jell-O
- 2 c. boiling water, divided
- 2 c. vodka, divided
- Black food coloring
- Lime wedge, for rim
- Black sanding sugar, for rim
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together 1 package purple Jell-O and one cup boiling water. When Jell-O powder has dissolved completely, whisk in vodka.
- Fill shot cups halfway with mixture, then set aside in refrigerator to firm up, 2 to 3 hours.
- When shots are almost firm, make the second layer: In a large measuring cup, whisk together 1 package purple jell-o and one cup boiling water. When Jell-O powder has dissolved completely, whisk in vodka and black food coloring.
- Top each Jell-O shot with black mixture and return to the refrigerator to firm up, 2 to 3 hours.
- When Jell-O is firm, rim each shot glass with lime and dip in sanding sugar. Serve.
The Witch’s Heart
Fall Festiveness: 9
This take on witch’s brew is sure to keep the gools and goblins of your party happy with it’s apple brandy flavor and devilish dry ice feature.
- 1 jigger apple brandy or apple vodka chilled
- 1 tsp grenadine
- 2 jiggers (or to top off) Homemade Blackberry Shimmery Liqueur, chilled
- Powdered dry ice optional
- Martini glass to serve
- Add about 1/2 – 1 tsp of powdered dry ice to the bottom of the glass (optional).
- Place the apple brandy and purple shimmery liqueur in a shaker. Add 1 ice cube and shake for a few seconds to chill the drink. Strain the drink into a martini glass. Top up with more purple shimmery liqueur if necessary.
- Pour 1 tsp of grenadine syrup, about an inch from the surface of the drink – the grenadine should sink to the bottom, creating a “bleeding” effect.
- Add about 1/2 tsp of powdered dry ice on top and serve with a stirrer, so that your guests can stir the “potion” to create that shimmery, smoky effect.