With how rapidly things are changing across the University of Michigan- Dearborn’s campus and the nation, we asked the UM-Dearborn student body their opinions on the COVID-19 outbreak and the national toilet paper shortage.
Here’s what they had to say:
- “I think the shortage reflects people taking a hold of something they can control in a time of fear.” – Erin
- “Unnecessary and chaotic. :-/” – Nour
- “I hope the student food pantry gets enough donations for the students that need it the most.” – Srini
- “That upper respiratory illness don’t call for excessive TP to wipe your a** with.” – Kelsey
- “Idk why it’s happening.” – Gabi
- “Yay for social isolation but people shouldn’t hoard resources! It keeps others from getting them!” – Mady
- “The people buying it probably need it the most with all the crap they are spewing.” – Emily
- “People should take it seriously and practice social distance when possible. But buying supplies in large quantities isn’t going to help the rest of the community out.” – Katy
What are your thoughts on the pandemic and the way people are acting? Let us know on Instagram @michiganjournal.